We are seeking a talented Specifications Writer to join our growing firm. In this role, the candidate will work closely with our Project Managers and Project Architects to develop project specifications while supporting the development of the firm's Master Specifications. The candidate should be an innovative thinker interested in leading the change in Architectural Construction Documents to align with our evolving design process.
- Manage update master specifications.
- Manage the development of our project specifications by working with Project Managers and Project Architects across all our offices.
- Liaise with Manufacturer's Representatives as needed for research and project support.
- Meet with product representatives and industry professionals to maintain the firm master specification.
- Be a mentor and generate learning programs for staff, including but not limited to specification documents, construction document technology, and editing methodology.
- Communicate firm best practices, policies, and procedures to project teams.
- Bachelor's degree in architecture preferred.
- Registered Architect preferred.
- LEED AP or other sustainable certification(s) preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in architectural profession, 5+ years of experience dedicated to specification writing.
- Experience managing specification processes on large-scale Architectural Projects.
- Experience with collaborating with Architects, Engineers, and/or Contractors during the design /construction phase
- Ability to learn, research and apply knowledge to the development of specifications.
- Certified by CSI as a Construction Document Technician (CDT) preferred.
- Certified Construction Specifier (CCS) preferred.
- An active member of Construction Specifications Institute (CSI) or Specification Consultants in Independent Practice (SCIP) is preferred.
- Working knowledge of construction documentation.
- Good command of both written/oral English.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities.
Locations: Fort Smith, AR | Bentonville, AR | Dallas, TX | Phoenix, AZ
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK WITH US
Childers Architect is passionate about the work that we do and the people entrusted to do the work. The team at Childers enjoys the culture, the benefits, and the perks of working with a team that focuses on collaboration and camaraderie.
- Flexibility in work start and end times
- Casual dress
- Highly collaborative
- High emphasis on training and development
- Retirement plan 401(k) with generous match
- Paid time off
Interested? Please send cover letter/resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org